Vianden Express - City Tour
- Visit the Victor Hugo Museum
- Drive along the ancient ramparts of the fortress
- Sightseeing aboard the Vianden Express
Participantsmax. 45 people
- Trip with the Vianden Express City train
- Admissions (to visit the castle, chairlift, etc.)
The medieval town of Vianden always fascinates with its charm and attracts thousands of visitors every year.
On the one hand, visitors are treated to the great classics: the medieval castle, a national treasure and symbol of the beautiful feudal mansions of the Roman and Gothic periods, considered one of the most important historical monuments in Europe, and the Victor Hugo House, where the writer stayed in political exile in 1871.
But the chairlift is also a popular attraction of the small town. It is the only chairlift in Luxembourg that takes you from the valley, located at 220 meters, to an altitude of 440 meters and also offers an ideal viewpoint with a panoramic view of the entire city.The chairlift is open from April to October between 10:00 and 17:00.
The train has a final stop at the entrance near the car parking. From there, you can walk a very short distance until the Vianden Castle. With almost 200,000 visitors a year, Vianden Castle is still the most visited historical building in the Grand Duchy. It was built from the 11th to the 14th century on the foundations of a Roman fort and a Carolingian refuge.
From here you can get off to visit the castle. People spend an average of +/- 2 hours here.
With your Vianden Express ticket you can also benefit from the return trip. The train runs every hour and takes you from the final stop back to the station..
- Departure from: Vianden bus station
- COVID-19: Wearing a mask is compulsory at all times in public transport. Please bring your own mask to wear during your ride with the Vianden Express.
Vianden bus station