Hop On Hop Off - Nature & Castle Tour
Hop On Hop Off
Nature & Castle Tour
Learn more about the history of Luxembourg, from the Middle Ages to the modern age, aboard our convertible bus. We will show you the fascinating nature of the Mullerthal, "Luxembourg’s Little Switzerland", and take you to the oldest city of Luxembourg.
- Mullerthal - Schiessentümpel
- Castle of Beaufort
- Vianden and visit of the medieval castle
- Old town - Echternach
ParticipantsMax. 15 participants.
- Your booking confirmation
- 8 hour tour by convertible bus
- Audio Guide in 3 languages (EN, FR, DE)
- Fixed schedule with visits to the Schiessentümpel and the town of Echternach
- Entry to the castle of Beaufort
- Entry to the castle of Vianden
- Lunch & drinks during our break in Vianden
The Nature & Castle Tour is a day tour where we will introduce you to the nature and history of Luxembourg. The duration of the tour is +/- 8 hours, which includes 2 hours of free time in Vianden.
Departure from Thursday to Sunday at 9.30 am from Boulevard de la Pétrusse, on the level of BCEE bank.
- 1. Mullerthal - Schiessentümpel
The waterfall, known as "Schiessentümpel", with its three water jets on the Black Ernz is one of the most photographed motives of the Mullerthal Region - Luxembourg's Little Switzerland. This is a 45-minute walking tour. Please make sure to wear comfortable shoes, especially at the Schiessentümpel.
- 2. Castle of Beaufort
The medieval castle of Beaufort was built in four different periods, between the 11th and 17th centuries. You can visit the castle if you wish, or explore the area by yourself. After 45 minutes we will move on.
- 3. Castle of Vianden
The small medieval town of Vianden attracts thousands of visitors every year. Particularly worth seeing are the imposing castle that overlooks the town, the town wall with its fortified towers and Luxembourg's only chairlift. During our stop you have 2 hours of free time that you can plan for yourself. You may take advantage of the variety of restaurants, visit the castle of Vianden, or take the chairlift.
- 4. Echternach
Echternach is the oldest town in Luxembourg and was founded in 698 by the Benedictine monk Willibrord. Visit the most beautiful places and buildings of Echternach, like the Basilica, the abbey and the market square during a 45-minute city tour.
After visiting Echternach, we will return to the departure point in Luxembourg City.
- Departures from Thursday-Sunday at 9.30 am
- Departure point: Due to maintenance works on the Avenue Monterey, the departure point has been changed to Boulevard de la Pétrusse, on the level of BCEE bank.
- Please be on site +/- 10 minutes in advance
- In case of delay or problems, please call the following number: +352 266 51 2250
Boulevard de la Pétrusse, Luxembourg